Labels

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Walking


The Forest Research Institute Malaysia has a very long history in forestry research. The grounds as we see it today are the result of over 70 years of planting trials and experimentation. In this aspect, a tropical botanic garden developed in the grounds of FRIM is most ideal. Established since 1929, FRIM is embarking on a programme of developing the Kepong Botanic Garden with its present rich and vast natural but matured area of 1,319 hectares. The botanic garden is a collection of thousands of different species of trees from all over Malaysia and used for research, reference, teaching and display. Excluding the forestry plantation trials, there are now seven living collection themes (arboreta) in FRIM. Altogether, there are over 900 species of both indigenous and exotic plants in the grounds, each fully documented. This backdrop of arboreta collection now forms a strong basis for the establishment of the Kepong Botanic Garden at FRIM.
The Kepong Botanic Garden which is part of FRIM covers an area of 80 hectares. Once mined-over for tin, the land is covered with secondary forests. Topographically, a large part of the garden area consists of gently sloping hills as well as various lakes and ponds. [data copied from www.frim.gov.my]

This is where i walk every alternate day for my fitness and health. My family and I enjoy it very much especially Iqbal. I do my routine starting from 5.45pm, my hubby use to drive me with his school bus before picking up the students from Sek Keb Agama T.Ehsan. I'll do my walk at least two round, one round is about 1.8km so two round is 3.6km, i will add half or quater to make it 4km per walk. I'll then will walk to Sek Men Keb T.Ehsan to follow the bus back to my house at Tmn Usaha Jaya, not even 5minutes drive from this meritorious garden. The green woods, fresh air, calming pond and wind swept away all the stress. I always enjoy every walk in Botani, I love it. To enter joggers have to pay RM1 but compare to the sweat, fits body, clear mind it's really worth. I should apply for the card long ago, I should apply for family card RM70/year, it's really value of money. Most of the joggers are chinese, only one of two malay and one or two indian but the less number belong to malay, while mejority of the nearby residence is malay, shame on them...mostly preoccupied with house chore routines, not back from work, seating watching indon drama, baby sits, cooking and etc. That's my evening routine as well, swept the floor, cooking while watching the indon drama, cleaning, array the plates, telling the kids to take bath, close all windows, water the plant, swept the porch, everything done the clock will be past 7pm. Time to clean my self and pray.
Look at the golden pond...one should withness it with their own eyes...

Next to the golden pond is ginger garden. I always wonder who did the translation in Malay. Instead of Taman Halia they put it Taman Kaum Halia?...what a shame. The Taman Halia is enough to let people know that few type of gingers can be found in the garden.

Next to the ginger garden, a small bridge was built for the road, for the visitors and joggers
A nice small bridge designed 'ala-ala british kuno'.
The sound of the water under the bridge very calming and soothing
A perfect place for those who's seeking serenity

Lovely fishes make the beauty of the pond complete
Veriety of local fish type can be found here
These fishes can be found on the edge of the pond
In the middle of it...bigger fish can be seen leap up occasionally
I love botani and the impact that i get from my walk
I feel very healthy, very fit, very fresh
I love the sweat after my walk
The next time...more photos of my botani will be shared
Not for long...I promise
I'm very happy to share this beautiful botani to all

No comments: